Thursday, August 4, 2011

Carcassonne Cookies

So here are the cookies I made with my first hand-crafted cookie cutter.  The cookies themselves turned out great.  I'm especially happy with the cookie recipe I decided to use.  It's Bridget's (from Bake at 350) Vanilla-Almond Sugar Cookie recipe and it is fan-tast-tic!!  I rolled my cookies a little thinner than normal and some of them ended up breaking while icing them, so I will definitely make sure to roll them 1/4" thick next time.  But that aside, they dough was so easy to work with and the taste was out of this world!!!

As for the actual decorating....at least the people that were eating them didn't care what they looked like.  I completely forgot about icing them until the night before we were to leave for our trip.  I knew there wouldn't be enough time for them to dry, so I opted to drag the icing and bottles with me.  In theory, this should have been no problem....but I'm pretty sure leaving tub-fulls of royal icing to swelter in a 90+ degree car for many hours was not one of my brigher ideas.  The icing didn't completely mix smoothly and I kept getting clogs in the bottles...and as usual I made the icing a little too runny and had no extra powdered sugar with me to thicken it back up.  But at that point I just wanted to get the darn things iced...and this is the final result.

No comments:

Post a Comment