Monday, June 13, 2011

I Have a New Love

Who would have ever thought that taking a cake decorating class could end up turning me into a cookie addict, but that's just what happened.  As soon as I figured out that royal icing is what professionals use to make those cute, decorated cookies you see in bakeries, I just knew I had to try my hand at it, so I used some of my leftover icing from one of my classes to make these Easter cookies.


They weren't bad for my first attempt, especially considering that I had not done too much research on all the techniques out there that go along with cookie decorating.  I immediately did an online search for cookie blogs and was amazed at what I found.  The things some people out there can do with icing and a cookie is beyond incredible.  I figured with some more practice, I could pretend to be as good as them.  Up first: Teacher Appreciation Week and cookie bouquets.  I'm slowly understanding the importance icing consistency and dry time.

Next came the end of Lizzie's soccer season and of course, I just had to make soccer cookies for the coaches and her teammates.


Right after that, Lizzie graduated from Preschool so I made graduation cap cookies for everyone in her class.  I was happy with how these cookies turned out.


And then we arrive to Maddie's 7th birthday.  Here theme this year was cupcakes...the first theme in 7 years that didn't actually have me making a themed cake or cupcakes because we set up a do-it-yourself cupcake bar.  But you know me...I couldn't just not do anything, so I made cupcake cookies to put in the goodie bags.  The boys all got cookies like the ones below....the cookies for the girls were pink instead of blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment