Monday, June 13, 2011

A Little Bit of Heaven

After Maddie's cupcake bar at her birthday party, I was left with a bag of toffee bits covered in chocolate.  I knew I needed to find a use for them quick or I would just eat my way through the bag.  Surprisingly, there were not a ton of great recipes on the Hershey's website so I was ready to try my hand at an original recipe when this was posted on one of the blogs I follow:  Coconut Toffee Temptations.  First off, it has the word "temptation" in the title...how can you go wrong with a sinful word like that?  Plus I actually had every single ingredient on hand.  A perfect fit.  Today I took the time to whip up a batch.  I had to keep beating the kids back from the bowl and oven because the smell was just that amazing.  But what came out was even better...a gooey mess that is almost identical to Chili's Chocolate Chip Paradise Pie.  With a small scoop of vanilla ice cream, the kids and I enjoyed a little piece of heaven this afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment