Thursday, July 14, 2011

Cookie Decorating Class



I love those Groupon and Living Social deals.  But that's probably because I love me a good deal.  So when Living Social posted a deal for half off a class at the local bake shop, you better believe I was going to take advantage of that.  I considered it a birthday present to myself.

Last night I was able to cash in on the deal.  Along with 3 other friends, I spent 3 wonderful, glorious hours learning how to decorate cookies.  Not that I haven't figured out how to do it...I mean I have spent countless hours in the past several months pouring over blogs on the web and then testing out what I've learned.  But I felt like I needed to take a class so I could actually see things being done...you know, see what good flood icing is supposed to look like, among other things.  Well, I'm so glad I took the class.  Not only did I finally see "real" flood icing, but I finally tried my hand at using other piping skills to decorate cookies.  I'm pretty pleased with how my cookie set turned out...and of course now I'm dying to bake a new batch of cookies to practice.

Next up on my class list....cake balls.  I will learn how to dip those darn things like a pro!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment