Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Mixed Fruit Tartlets


I've had some packs of mini graham cracker crusts sitting in my pantry for awhile.  You know how it is.  You see them at the grocery store and buy them because you can use them to make something really yummy to take to a get-together.  But then life happens and you never get around to making that yummy thing to share (and instead run to the grocery store where you buy that plastic box of baked goods from the bakery).  And there the mini graham cracker crusts sit, patiently waiting on the shelf for months until you finally decide it's about darn time they get used.  (Thank goodness they have a long shelf life!)

The other day, an email from Pillsbury showed up in my inbox with a great recipe for a Mixed Berry Cream Tart.  While it didn't call for using mini graham cracker crusts, I immediately realized this would be the perfect way to use up those crusts before they expired....plus I needed something to take to a 4th of July BBQ and what could be better than mini berry cream pies?!

I ended up making a few changes to the recipe...partly because I let the kids at the container of strawberries and they ate over half of it before I remembered I needed them for the dessert.  Still, they were super simple to make and even better to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment