Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Oreo Balls


I love things that are simple...especially things that are super simple.  And if they taste good too, well then that's a bonus.  So when I found the recipe for Oreo balls and realized just how ridiculously easy they were to make, I made sure to add a trip to the grocery store to pick up the necessary ingredients: Oreos and cream cheese.  See, easy!  But even more exciting, I think I finally figured out how to semi-professionally dip these suckers...of course it took until the very end.  But I think my next go round at truffles or cake balls should be just about perfect...or just about perfect as I'm going to get something.

Anyway, here's the recipe for Oreo Balls.  Seriously, you need to run out to the store now so you can make a batch of these.  Trust me, you won't be sorry!!!

Oreo Balls
Ingredients
- 1 package Oreos
- 1 block of cream cheese
- dipping chocolate of your choice

Directions
1.  Using a food processor, finely grind the entire package of Oreos.  (Don't have a food processor?  No   worries.  A Ziploc baggie and a rolling pin will do the trick.)
2.  Add the entire block of cream cheese to the Oreo crumbs and process until completely blended.
3.  Roll the mixture into bite-sized balls and chill for at least 30 minutes.
4.  Dip the chilled balls into your melted chocolate and lay on waxed paper. Feel free to garnish with drizzled chocolate or sprinkle with crushed Oreos.  Allow them to harden for at least 30 minutes.
5.  Store in a covered container in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment