Monday, July 11, 2011

Simple Fruit & Yogurt Parfaits


I'm sure it surprises no one that I have very few problems getting my kids to eat any of the sweets I make.  (Except the donuts....but like I said yesterday, I'm working on that one.)  But meals (be it breakfast, lunch or dinner), that's an entirely different story.  If they had it their way, it'd be donuts (the fried variety), mac & cheese, hot dogs and pizza for every meal.  So I'm always looking for creative ways to hide or present the good stuff in a way that has the kids fooled.

Now my kids have this affinity for those little yogurt parfaits you can find in the yogurt section of the grocery store.  You know...those overpriced little containers of yogurt that are loaded with sugar and fake fruit.  So this morning I decided to make my own version.  I'm not sure why I didn't do this sooner.  They are ridiculously easy to throw together...and make them in a wine glass and the kids will think you hung the moon.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that these will become a more regular staple on the breakfast menu....I can use more smiles like this in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment